Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display photos from Visual Foxpro 6? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dronner

Technical User
Apr 19, 2024
US
Hello guys,
To give you an example of what I need, I have this database:
car_code...car_name...car_photo
...1.......Valkyrie...c:\vfp6\app\Valkyrie.jpg
...2.......Spitfire...c:\vfp6\app\Spitfire.jpg
...3.......Cyclone....c:\vfp6\app\Cyclone.jpg

The idea, basically, is that if I enter code 1, the app shows me the photo that is stored in the route that appears in the car_photo field corresponding to the "Valkyrie" and if I enter code 3, then it shows me the photo of the "Cyclone" etc.

In Visual Foxpro 6, what are the code lines necessary to go to the route specified in the "car_photo" field and show me the corresponding photo?
Thanks in advance.

Excuse Me, the model made with your instructions worked perfectly, I got this error when (out of curiosity, more for the purpose of learning) I made an alternate model using the "Wizard" to create a form, but applying the other instructions that you provided me. What causes it?

How should I know what you did and what is the result of all that?

I can tell you that the error message means what it says, CURSORGETPROP can only get the property of a cursor in a workarea, if that workarea is populated, i.e. if there is a table open. If you skipped the step of providing which table (at least one) the form should use, that could be why the form doesn't work.

Besides: As it seems you were successful with the image displaying form that pretty much closes this thread and you could start a new thread. It also helps, if you tell more, which wizard you used and what you did in it, which you likely don't remember anymore, so start over once more and make screenshots of the steps you do.

Chriss

I'll be working on it. Thank you very much for your patience and explanations.

Use the IMAGE control and specifying the PICTURE property to dynamically change the image source based on the code entered. THISFORM.IMAGE1.PICTURE = YourTableName.car_photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back