Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectors ingnoring coverage paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjegstrup

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
I have created the following Vector:

01 wait-time 1 secs hearing ringback
02 collect 1 digits after announcement 1231
03 route-to number 4352 with cov y if digit = 0
04 route-to number 4352 with cov y if digit = 1
05 route-to number 3474 with cov y if digit = 2
06 route-to number 4799 with cov y if digit = 3
07 route-to number 3380 with cov y if digit = 4
08 goto step 2 if unconditionally

The problem with this is if the caller chooses option 1, it works, but 2,3, or 4 drops the call.
The event log says the coverage path is being ignored.
Options 2 & 3 have coverage paths that send them off the network. Option 4's coverage path sends callers to VM.
This routing worked fine when it was all done thru Audix, and it works if you dial it by the vector #, but if you dial in from the outside line that is pointed to it, you have problems.
Your help is greatly appreciated.......

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Check your COR. Perhaps rather than a cov path that sends them off network you might consider another vector.

Thx for your response.

Shortly after I posted this problem, I stumbled across the issue.
Dear mother Avaya, in all her infinite wisdom and attempts to protect us from ourselves, doesn't allow you to send a coverage path to another coverage path.
The DNIS was sending callers to the Vector with a coverage path, then the vector was attempting to send the callers back to another number with another coverage path.

Sorry to bother ya with this.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

I'm not up to speed on all the vector stuff.
But if you can get the call to be transfered it can then go to a different coverage. I know you can get audix to do this, and I would suspect there is a way to do it using a vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back