Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectoring and LSP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain08

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
In the scenario of a remote site that is slaved off a main site, how do vectors and such work with announcements in the case of a WAN fracture?

ex. remote site has a main # that routes to a vector, plays announcements and offers prompts. remote site goes into a fracture mode... if the VAL board is at the main site.. how do the announcements work? The vector info, I would think would be on that local switch as part of the translation push.

You put the announcements on the Media Gateways at the remote sites...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

can you tell me the steps to doing such ?

Make sure you use audio groups that contain VAL resources at both locations. When it's time to play the announcements, it will pull the WAV file from the closest VAL resource, and if the WAN is down, from the local resource.

One down side, however, when doing this, is that your VAL board at your main location can only be half-used because the VAL resources on LSPs have only have the space that the regular VAL boards at the main site.

Thanks for the reply.

2 questions: How/where do you assign audio groups and how do they get put on a remote site? These are s8300's/G700 and 350 gateways. I wasn't aware a G700/G350 had VAL resources.

Also, I'm a bit unclear on your last paragraph about the downside of the half used VAL board. Can you elaborate a bit on that? I have alot of announcements for a call center and other things residing on the main site.

If you open up your VAL manager, you should be able to see the board locations and the announcements on them. You can use this tool to group announcements into audio groups.

This may help...

thread690-1594964

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

so I did create a few different Audio Groups. So if I copy .wav files onto.. say 1 of the groups, how do I test that it's there?

I personally don't use groups... I just create the announcements on V9 of the Media Gateway. I assign an extension to that the same tenant that the MG is in, and if you type list integrated-annc-boards you scroll the board location (you should see something like 004V9), and see if the length and size columns are poplulated. If they are, trace your extension and dial the announcement extension.

12:19:35 dial 1234
12:19:35 ring announcement 1234 cid 0x22aa
12:19:35 active announcement 1234 cid 0x22aa
12:19:35 hear annc board 004V9 ext 1234 cid 0x22aa
12:19:36 idle station 5555 cid 0x22aa

In the trace above, you'll see it pulled from MG 4 slot V9...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
98C

btrain...

Typically those g350 or g700 depending on config type, have resident VAL sources. If the VAL source isn't enabled, you may need to get into the ch gateway x form to enable the VAL source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back