Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsoli

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
US
Hello all,

I am a newbie to Avaya so please be kind. Here is my scenario...

Need to have main # ring 3 times, if unanswered it needs to play a message to press 1-8 for respective departments. Once caller presses respective #, that phone needs to ring 3 times before going to that phone's V/M.

Can this be done with the Avaya Definity system with 6408D+ and 6424D+M phones?

Thanks for all your help in advanced!

Dear rsoli,

Some questions;

1. Do you have call vectoring with prompting on your PBX? "Display system-parameters cust-options" will tell you.
2.Do you have a VAL or announcement board in your PBX?

3. You will need to create a call vector with steps to route inbound calls to your 8 departments with route to steps in the call vector.

4. Also you will need to build a Vector Directory Number using your main telephone number.

Hope this helps you.

the little bitty handbook that came with the system is really good for this. You probably have 3. It is the one that says Avaya Communication Manager Advanced Administration - Quick Reference on the front. Spiral bound, about 5 x 7 book. I used it several times with good results, can't say that about most of their docs though.

I'm also new to Call Vectoring, but I have some documentation that I can send you if you would like.

We do have call vectoring with prompting on the PBX and an announcement board also. The problem lies with the last few thing that we want done. We have the phone ring 4 times and it goes to the vector with 8 options. Once the caller chooses which option they want it immediately goes to VM. Ideally, we want it to ring 4 times after they choose the option and if no one answers that call then it goes to VM.
I was told that we have an 8700 Avaya switch wich will not do what we want. I am really unsure if they are right in telling us that this cannot be done with this system. It seems pretty simple to do this in my mind but I dont know how to program this switch to do this request. Thanks again in advance for all your help!

This will need a sequence of stations, coverage paths, vdn's and vectors.

In this instance, calls might terminate to a station, follow the coverage path, route to a vdn and then to the associated vector and then the vector would handle the call processing. If a "route to" step is used in a vector, the call again terminates to a station, and that station's coverage path takes over.

Control the number of rings a caller hears via the coverage path. So on your main number, set the ring cycle to the appropriate number, then set the 1st coverage point to the vdn that manages the vector you've written.

On the subsequent vector steps that route to stations the that can receive calls, give them coverage paths with the appropriate ring cycles before forwarding on to your voice mail hunt group.

If you have auto attendent with your voice mail system you can build it in there instead of using a vector.

Can you paste your vector here for us to look at?

DonBott

Author
10 Years Later: John Bobbit remembered

Hello again,

I am in the process of getting the vector programming from the "GODS". In the meanwhile here is what they told me to ask everyone.

"Write them back and tell them that the main number that is being called, 652-XXXX, is a SOFT NUMBER. This will make the difference in what you are asking for. Tell them that that is the number that BEGINS the call"

I will appologize in advance due to my ignorance in programming all this stuff.

I have to agree with letman. If you have a voicemail system,then the auto attendent is not only simpler to program, but also easier to maintain.

Post again if so and I can step you through it if you need help.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back