Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector Events.. Something Wrong? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediBMC

MIS
Dec 5, 2003
US
I just set up a new vector/vdn for our main telephone number. In monitoring the vector events, I am seeing one in particular that is showing up in a high quantity. The Event ID is 81 and states "No digits collected".

In looking up this event in the Avaya manual, I see that it means that the caller didn't select any of the menu items and let it roll to the next default action.

My vector is designed to present the callers with a welcome message, provide them with an opportunity to select from a few menu items, then, if nothing is selected, route them to the operator.

Here is my vector:
Code:
01 queue-to split 91 pri l
02 wait-time 1 secs hearing silence
03 collect 1 digits after announcement 7970
04 goto vector 2 if digits = 1
05 goto vector 3 if digits = 9
06 goto vector 5 if digits = 8
07 wait time 2 secs hearing music
08 route-to number 0 with cov n if unconditionally
09 stop

Should I simply ignore these events? Have I done something wrong in my vector's scripting? If they should be ignored, is there a way to suppress these events?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian-
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.

To stop the event from appearing, you need to add one line to your vector. Between line 3 and 4 insert the line
goto step 8 if digits = none.
This will bypass each of the steps if nothing was entered.

To offer the customer the best service, you could give them a second chance by inserting an announcement after step 8 playing We have not received a correct entry, please try again (or something like that) and then do the menu again...

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Part of your problem is the route to number 0 with cov n statement. When you make it cov n, the call will proceed to the next step in the vector if the destination is busy which in your case is a stop statement. Try changing cov to y. I presume it's a console, it may not even be queueing at the console if the vector is interpreting the console as busy. (I may be all wet on that one, but change it to y or add another route to statement with an alternate destination after it)

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back