Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector continues after agent picks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMBob

Programmer
Jan 20, 2005
US
Has anyone ever seen this - an agent picks up a call in the queue, but the vector continues to cycle through its logic, as if the caller is still waiting in the queue. Both the caller and the agent can hear the announcements playing while they are talking. This happened once yesterday and once today. When it happened yesterday, another agent picked up what she thought was a new call, only to hear the first agent, the caller, and the announcements going in the background. Any ideas what could cause this and if there is something that can be done to prevent it?

Bob

Here is the vector logic:

01 goto step 7 if available-agents in split 11 < 1
02 announcement 3401
03 queue-to split 3 pri l
04 announcement 3402
05 announcement 3403
06 goto step 4 if unconditionally
07 announcement 3405

The agent in hunt group 3 takes the call, but announcements 3402 and 3403 continue to play.

Bob

Not sure if you have access to this command, but you could use List Trace VDN or List Trace Vector commands and watch what the switch is doing with those calls real-time. Maybe there you can see where things are going wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with your vector. Do you disconnect on step 7? I'm assuming this is an announcement that tells the caller no one is available. What happens after they hear announcement 3405 on step 7?

Yes, the announcement in step 7 tells the caller to call back during normal business hours, then the call ends.

I've run a trace on the vdn and vector, but while I've watched it, everything worked normally. This strange occurrence only happened twice out of the many calls that are processed normally.

I just noticed that there's another thread on this same topic that was started today too. So, I guess my problem is not entirely unique. I just wonder if this is a fluke that I can't do anything about, or if there's a fix.

Hmm... If I were writing this vector, I'd stick a 'wait' instruction in there somewhere. Probably at line 6.

I wouldn't want to be on hold all that time just hearing the same messages over and over again. Even if the person were eharing 'silence' it would still be better than repeated messages. (Though music on hold these days is cheap and easy.)

You might be catching calls that were processing the "goto step 4" instruction at the exact same moment that the call was routed to an agent.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Do a List Usage Huntgroup 3 just to make sure there are no other vectors pointing to that split. The calls may be originating and processing through some other vector that's not programmed as well.

Just out of curiosity are those announcement ports set to queue? Seems to me if you have any kind of volume on a vector like that with a queue going you'd have a whole lot of play reqeusts.

Im with dufus and Rich on this, I'd stick a wait step in there.

Do a list meas ann inte yes

See if you have any calles queued (assuming announcements were set to queue) look for queue drops. It may simply be a matter of your announcement board getting hammered, and queueing announcements. Then the processor is getting busy and not knowing the call got answered?

RTMCKEE

have U done a 'display events' on the vector?

Da-vi'do
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

Probably a timing issue, the announcement is probably connecting at the same time the agent is connecting and confusion sets in. When you say this occurs on rare occasions, that usually indicates some sort of race condition is being encountered.

A wait step before the announcements will allow the call to stabilize and vector to release control following agent connect before trying to connect to announcement port.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We ended up doing a system reboot last Friday evening. We haven't had the problem since. Before that the problem was occurring about once per day.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back