Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN VOAs not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US

We have an issue where the VDN VOAs are not playing on incoming calls. It's mostly happening all at one remote site. We have s8710s, CM 3.0.x and VAL boards set up in audio groups.

We have checked all of the COR settings related to hearing VOAs and call permissions.

We have checked that the VOAs are recorded and are playing.

We have checked to make sure that the VAL boards are not queuing announcements or are overloaded.

We have not been able to find any lag issues in the network.

We used service observance and made a test call and heard the VOA.

We are fresh out of ideas....

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

If it's not a bandwidth issue (are you perhaps using IGAR to deliver the VOA?), then the only thing I could suggest is upgrading to 3.1.4, or at the very least checking your VAL boards are running the latest firmware.

Hello Stinney,

I have dealt with this issue as well, and I decided to extend the length of our VOA messages from a short 1 second "whisper" to about a 3 second "whisper" and now they all work fine.

For example: Change your announcement from saying something like "new customer" to something longer like "you now have a new customer".

Try it on one and see...I hope it works for you.

We're not using IGAR and our VAL boards are up-to-date on firmware.

Almost all of our VOAs are 3 seconds or longer and some of them that have been reported as missing are much longer than 3 seconds.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Also, agent's are reporting a delay before the caller is on the line, like the VOA is playing but they aren't hearing it.

- Stinney

Stinney...

Not sure if it would help, but if you have the announcements backed up using VAL manager - you could deleting/restoring using VAL Manager.

Also, have you tried re-seeding the VAL board(s) in question during off-hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back