Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN ID going to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbailey

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
US
Ok. I'm sure I'm missing something really, really simple, but I'm sure someone can point it out for me.....so here goes.....

This is on a CM 6.0.x.

We have a skill we track by internal calls vs. external calls. The external calls come in via a DID number. We strip all 10 digits and replace them with VDN 89330 in the inc-call-handling-trmt trunk. The call routes properly to the skill set, does it thing and then if the caller decides to leave a voice mail (via one of the announcement collect statements) we route the call to our voice mail system (MS Exchange at ext. 56000). This all works fine EXCEPT, the call isn't going to the 89330 voice mailbox. The system responds with a scenario that indicates the voice mailbox doesn't exist, so it looks like the call ID is still the original DID number, not the VDN number that replaced the DID number.

We have other scenarios where we strip and replace digits with the UNI (which works just fine), but this particular scenario (stripping and replacing digits in inc-call-handling) doesn't seem to work, or at least work with VDNs.

Any body have any clues? Do VDNs not pass their extension ID to other components/systems?

Thanks!

Hi, if i read it correct, vdn is 89330 but extension on exxchange is 56000? if yes then in vector enter step: messaging for skill XX for extension 56000
where XX is your skill number that routes to voicemail.
first check and see if it works, if not then change following;

messaging for skill XX for extension 89330
then change publick unknown number OR private unknown number (depends how your voicemail is setup) and add a line which sends CLI of 56000 for extension 89330

regards,
kaleem

The pilot number for our Exchange voicemail is 56000. The mailbox created on Exchange is 89330 which I would think would be the ID sent from VDN 89330.

There is no skill for messaging. Our voice mail destination is 56000, so not sure how the messaging skill line would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back