Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN/CDR Issue With Internal Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbailey

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
US
Hello,

We have a CDR issue that is preventing us from tracking internal calls that pass through a VDN properly. Here is the scenario:

• Station A makes an internal call to a VDN that passes through a Vector (for example an auto attendant)
• Depending on the selection the caller makes, that call will get routed to a specific station or huntgroup
• Call is answered and handled by Station B

The problem is that the CDR stream does not have any record of Station B taking a call. The only call record is Station A talking to the VDN extension number.

This problem only exists on internal calls. If I call into the PBX from an outside phone #, dial into a VDN/Vector, and talk to station B, the CDR stream has a record of me talking to station B.

I am very confused on why our call accounting system would be crediting station B on external calls, but not on internal. The only way I can get the system to credit station B on an internal call, is if I turn off coverage in the vector “Route-To” statement. Coverage is currently set to yes (picture attached) because I need call coverage so this really isn’t an option.

Is there any kind of CDR setting or work-around to credit Station B for taking an internal call, while still having coverage set to “y” in the vector? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9aba99aa-a551-4c87-aea7-5d64dbb2aa5b&file=Vector_Screenshot.JPG

Technically no. We have a few test stations in there only. However, we have tried putting extensions and/or VDNs in the intra table. Still doesn't change anything.

On the system-parameters cdr screen, check the setting for:

Record Called Vector Directory Number Instead of Group or Member? n

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back