Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCM REBOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech754

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
I have a 3.2.53 IPO 406V2 and tried to add a VCM4 to the system. Upon installation the IPO rebooted continuously until I removed the VCM module. Downloaded 3.2.54 Bin files and upgraded my IPO and it seems to have cured the problem. Has anyone encountered this issue yet?

Yes I have it once before. It's a faulty VCM. Simple as that. Needs to be sent for repair. There's nothing else you can do sorry.

Are you sure when you put the VCM in the pins lined up correctly? When I first started with IPO I had an issue with the card not being in the correct pins, I had missed a whole row and didn't realize it.

seems as simple as a faulty VCM but I ordered a second one and had the same issue. Followed my troubleshooting steps but no success, just kept rebooting. Once I upgraded to 3.2.54 the problem went away and the VCM was good and also the IPO. Since I had to prove my trouble with the (BAD)VCM I installed it in the 3.2.54 IPO and it worked. Since my post yesterday we had the same exact issue with 3.2.53 and the upgrade cured it again. Just want to pass this along.

hmm strange problem
i never had an issue with 3.2.53
sometimes strange things happen

I got a few .53's out there wtih VCM24 but none with VCM4's, I wonder if it's just that specific model not VCM's in general

I have seen this. On a new config we upgraded from 1.4 all the way to the latest config 3.1.65(folowing all the steps).When the VCM was put in it would reboot the IPO. We then removed the VCM downgraded back to 1.4 then installed the VCM then installed back to 3.1.65 and everything is O.K.

Go figure???

jml2665

you may be on to something there with the VCM model. Each time was a VCM 4 with the same issue and the upgrade fixed it. We are installing a 406V2 today with a VCM 8 and I am anxious to see what happens, if anything.

I had the same problem as you tech754. I sent my VCM back for a new one and put it in and it still didn't work. What i did was take the VCM out of the IPO and downgrade the IPO to 2.1. I put the VCM back in the IPO and upgraded them back to 3.2. I think it gives you problems when you put a VCM into a upraded system, in my experiences they needed to be upgraded together.

Today I wanted to change in my IP Office 406 v2 the VCM5 card to VCM10, and the the IPO rebooted continuously
I have 3.2.53 on the system.
Should I try 3.2.54 ?

like i stated before, i would take the vcm 10 out, downgrade your IPO to 2.1 (stock release), put your vcm 10 back in the IPO, ugrade to 3.2(54)(following the necessary steps from going 2.1 to 3.2 of course)

Make a backup of the database, erase both the software and the database with a serial cable, put back the firmware and after that put in the VCM card.
Then put back the database.

Worked for me three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back