Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB certification testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloRider

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
I hope that this posting is appropriate to this forum.

I am rather new to programming - kinda fell into it due to a need where I work. So I'm low on formal training but have worked up a base proficiency. What I'm looking for is a testing service (on-line ?) where I can confirm / certify my knowledge and/or provide some feedback for development. Does such a thing exist ?

The MCSD or MCP certifications from Microsoft would be what you're looking for. MCSD stands for Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (I think I've got the acronym right), and consists of a series of three tests, which you can choose depending on what you're MCSD focus will be. MCP stands for Microsoft Certified Professional, and consists of one test (any of the tests available for MCSD, with some exceptions). You can become a MCP in VB6 for the Desktop, for example, while you are in the process of getting your more extensive MCSD in VB.

Search the Microsoft Web Site for more details.

HTH,
jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back