Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom 2006 & IP500 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have them connected with a Trunk Port
Ok what I can get to work
Short code to page phones
Short code to access Valcom for zone paging to External Speakers

I cannot get a code to work for Page All phones and All External Speakers at the same time

Can I do this using a Trunk Port or do I have to set up an Analog Station as a Page port ad go that route.
This replaced an MICS and they say it worked on that system.

You COULD use an IP Office analog station port configured for paging, and connect it to the BGM input of V2006 - this could get you what you want. You'll need to configure BGM for all Valcom zones. If you already have BGM for actual music, you'll need a Vox switcher.

mforrence I'll take a look at that but i do have a question. According to the installation guide if I use a Station port it says that Switch 6 needs to be OFF and if I use a Trunk port it needs to be ON. So since I'm using both I'm kind of lost.

what they want is
1) Page Phones
2) Page speakers by Zone
3) Page all at the same time

Should I be looking at another Amp or can I do this with the Valcom?

mforrence using the music port do I still need the 600 ohm bogen in this setup or can i go straight from the Page Port to the Valcom?

Please let us know how you resolved this when you do.

In order to create 3 Paging zones similiar to the Norstar setup could you:

1.) For Paging Phones: Create a Hunt Group, such as 201. Assign the phones you page in that Hunt Group. Then assign a Shortcode to read:
Code: *611
Feature: Dial Paging
Telephone Number: 201
Line Group: 0
Locale: Blank
Force Account Code: Blank

When code *611 is dialed, it would page the phone speakers. You could program a button and it would be similar to Feature 611 on Norstar/BCM.

2.) For Paging Overhead Only: Create a Hunt Group, such as 202. Assign the One Analog Extension you want to page in that Hunt Group. That analog station would be tied to the Bogen device. Then assign a Shortcode to read:
Code: *62
Telephone Number: 202

When code *62 is dialed, it would page ONLY the one extension assigned in that Hunt Group, which in this case would be the analog extension. You could program a button and it would be similar to Feature 62 on Norstar/BCM.

Lastly:

2.) For Paging Overhead and Phone Speakers: Create a Hunt Group, such as 203. Assign the One Analog Extension you want to page AND the telephone sets you want to page in that Hunt Group. Then assign a Shortcode to read:
Code: *631
Telephone Number: 203

When code *631 is dialed, it would page BOTH the one extension and the Telephone sets assigned in that Hunt Group. You could program a button and it would be similar to Feature 631 on Norstar/BCM.

I've never actually set up paging using the Station Port, but according to mforrence it sounds like the above could work......I don't know the exact hard wiring that needs to occur between the Analog Station Set and the Bogen....so please enlighten me.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

Looking at the manual for the Valcom 2006, it looks like you need to provide a contact closure from the IPO to the Valcom if you're going to use an analog station port programmed as a paging port. If you could convince them to eliminate the speaker zones, and have Page Phones, Page ALL Speakers, Page Phones AND ALL Speakers, you could ditch the Valcom 2006 and use a Bogen UTI-1 instead

gordon I'll give an update when completed
tommy it's a school so they need the zones
as far as the 600 ohm matching transformer i was asking about, according to what i've found it looks like the IP Office needs that if your using the station as a PAGE PORT.

ok just wwant to let you guys know it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can get back there to try a few things. Right now they said they're good with the Phone & Zone Paging. and that the All Page can wait.

Ok I’m back at it and what I have now is the Valcom 2006A, Bogen 600 ohm Matching Transformer, & Viking FXI-1 Unit.

Analog Station set as Page Port:
I can connect the Page Port to Bogen then connect that to the Valcom and hit the external Speakers (like a page all zones). I can also build it in a hunt group and hit phones and/or speakers but when I try to enter the Viking into this equation so I can use the contacts for zone paging I get nothing. Has anyone connected the FXI to the Valcom before?

So far here is what I’ve tried.

Valcom & Trunk Port from IPO I can:
Page phones (using normal hunt/page set up)
Page external zones
Cannot page both

Valcom & Analog Page Port from IPO I can:
Page Phones
Page all Speakers
Page all Phones & Speakers
Cannot page Zones

Valcom, Page Port & Viking
Dead air & then about 10 secs later a disconnect

From the Viking I have the 600 ohm output from the FXI going to the T&R of the Valcom.
From the FXI’s relay contacts to the Valcom’s O/WH & W/BR contact pairs.

I have to be missing something or maybe it just won’t work.

No matter how you slice it, you cannot use the page zone function of Valcom 2006 AND include multiple telephones in the same mix. If you MUST have this configuration, drop the V2006 and use six analog station ports configured as page ports, using six matching transformers. You won't get background music, but I doubt that's important. You can then mix and match within IPO to suit.

mforrence, I don't want zone and phones at the same time, here is what I'm trying to do.

Page Phones
Page different zones through Valcom (no phones)
Page all phones and speakers

hawks said:
mforrence, I don't want zone and phones at the same time, here is what I'm trying to do.

Page Phones
Page different zones through Valcom (no phones)
Page all phones and speakers

1. Then use one analog station port configured for paging - hook it up to BGM port of Valcom C2006 using only an isolation transformer in the middle. Configure Valcom V2006 to have BGM play over all speakers. IF you have other BGM requirement, you'll need some VOX operated switcher to switch input to V2006 BGM port. Include that port in hunt group, along with other digital/IP phones, and use for all call.
2. Use analog trunk or station level paging adapter connected to V2006 for external zone paging.
3. Use hunt group without port configured in item 1 for phones without external.

mforrence, Yea I talked to them about that and they are using BGM in certain zones. But what I also just found out from a guy who was on vaction when this started is that they have another V2006 they bought as a spare. So what I'm going to do is set it up for a Page Port and just connect the speakers to it also. So I'll have 1 Valcom set up for Zone paging and 1 set up for Page all. anyone see any problem with this?

If you mean that you're going to connect speakers to two different page controllers, it is certainly non-standard. I would find another solution. Let us know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back