Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V2 9.0.5.0 build 972 sometimes rebooting or just going dead issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Have a V2 9.0.5.0 build 972 installed about 4 years ago
2 digital station cards the first with an analog trunk card installed.

System was rebooting once a week, not at the same time, from the beginning. The installer told them that the system does that and everything is fine.
Years later and the problem has increased and changed a little.
The system sometimes reboots, but most times the sets just go dead and the client had to power down and power up the system to get it functioning again.
Does this about twice every day.
Electrician checked the power going to the system - good.
Then the client found and called me.

Client recently changed 2 of their 4 lines over to another carrier to try them out and the frequency of the issue has increased.
3 or 4 times a day it happens.

Wondering what the issue is. I was going to start with a new digital and analog trunk card, but would like some feedback.

Thanks

First, I would make sure anything plugged into the IPO is correct. A computer plugged into a digital port by accident will cause reboots. I doubt this is the issue as this usually takes the whole system down, but I would start with it. I would then recreate the sd card. I have had sd cards that caused reboots before. If that doesn't fix the issue I would replace the IP500V2 with a new cabinet. I have had a cabinet cause this issue as well.

As Telecomboy said, check the patching and get a sysmon running on the system and see what's happening just before the reboot. If you need to then post it up here and we'll have a look.

Yeah, nothing plugged into it.
SD card does sound like a good place to start.
Thanks!

System was rebooting once a week, not at the same time, from the beginning. The installer told them that the system does that and everything is fine.
did their uniform include a Stetson & spurs?
as per Okkie upgrade to V9.0.12 - V9.0.5 had lots of issues. Also possibly simply a fault CCU that the original cowboys did not want to replace ( I would even suspect 2nd hand equipment so no warrantee)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I think there was a Stetson kind of smell on the equipment....

Will be upgrading the software and taking care of the SD card.
Will let you know.

Thanks for the help!

Found out the system does not go dead. The line card freezes up with all 4 CO ports going red on the phones as if there are no CO lines attached.

Upgraded versions, got new Chassis, SD card, and modules. Issue still going on.
Had client take each phone off the system at the port level one at a time to rule out wiring to a set or at a station.

Sounds like I am having an issue with the carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back