Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V1 Cabinet swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneDTC

Vendor
Apr 30, 2014
US
Hi all -
I have a customer with a IPO V1 cabinet 9.0 and they are having an issue with intermittent reboot. After troubleshooting my next step is to replace cabinet. At this time I do not want to upgrade to new V2 as they will be moving in June and we are installing new IPO system at that time. My question is: If existing IPO 9.0 has a virtual Essential license and I have a spare IPO V1 8.1 cabinet with Essential license, Can I just swap cabinets, insert software card and reboot? Will the cabinet upgrade and will the new virtual Essential license be recognized? I would appreciate your advice.

No you will need to do a dongle swap if you still can as all licensing has moved to PLDS. The virtual is tied to the chassis and will not migrate so the new cabinet will have a license error and not be usable until you have swapped the licenses. Also the cabinet would need to be at least a R9 or you would need to have the upgrade license on the SD Card.
Mike

Hi Teletechman-
I understand when I migrate in to the new V2 chassis I will need to migrate to PLDS, but in this instance can I just swap the faulty v1 cabinet with another V1 cabinet with a virtual license as a temporary solution ?

No the embedded license is tied to the chassis not the SD card.
Mike

Yes - the replacement cabinet has a virtual license from the last customer that used it

I thought on V1 the embedded voicemail was tied to the compact flash card (which also stores the messages).

The virtual Essential Edition Licence is tied to the Chassi - if you are confident the one in stock has one then yes what you want to do is perfectly fine (and normal)

| ACSS SME |

Thank you everyone for your advice. I swapped the cabinet last night. I will monitor to see if problem clears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back