Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using VBScript to add alot of new phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestatp

Programmer
Oct 3, 2005
US
I am using an RLogin app to connect to our 81c and I need to add numerous new phones. I already have a script that will do most of the work. It will do everything except I have to still type in the DN and the TN. I am looking for the coding to pull the DN and TN information from an excel file.

If anyone has any idea how to do this or knows somewhere it might be I would be greatful. Or if anyone has any cool RLogin scripts that they use those would be nice too.

Thanks

instead of building a dll link to an excel i use an excel to enter the data then save that an a comma delimited. this basic script has the code for that and it's not that hard to modify.. this one did a copy on about 200 3904's then i ran a second script to modify sets as needed... usually at this site that would be des a few extra mcr keys, rnpg.. the normal stuff.. but it does pull data from a txt file..

Code:
Proc main

string tnb
   string dn

integer count
   string szline
   fopen 0 "abc.txt" read

while not feof 0
   SZLINE = "2"
   fgets 0 szline

strtok tnb szline ","  1   ;columns in the csv file
    strtok dn szline ","  1 
   set txpace 30

transmit "cpy 1^M"
   waitfor "TYPE: "
   transmit "3904^M"
   waitfor "CFTN "
   transmit "116 1 0 0^M"
   mspause 30
   transmit tnb
   transmit "^M"
   mspause 30
   transmit dn
   transmit "^M"

waitfor "REQ: "

count += 2
   endwhile
   fclose 0
   fclose 1
   call main

endproc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

this site has some links built between aspect and excel that do work. with my needs the comma delimited work great.

the aspect has a few decent scripts that might help you get a jump start

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, that should work perfect. I appreciate it.

John, I have another question. I really need something in VBscript. Is that the aspect, I think thats what its called, that Procomm uses?

I should still be able to get it to work, I am just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back