Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using coverage path and privacy/no barge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
We just came across this issue and I am wondering if there is an easy way to resolve. We have all of our calls covering to reception after 5 rings. We've run into the issue where the original called party hears their phone ringing but tries to answer when it has already covered to the receptionist (call-appearance lamp is still illuminiated on phone). Is there any way once the call follows the coverage path that it leaves the original called party's phone so you don't have 2 people answering at same time?

change system-parameters coverage-forwarding

I believe there is something to the effect of "keep sba at principal" being a simulated bridged appearance. It might not be the exact option, but I think there's something in that system parameters page in the ball park of what you're looking for. Google "avaya CM screen reference

Thank you for pointing me to the right location - the setting that I needed to turn off was "Maintain SBA at Principal". That did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back