Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using ACDN to forward to external number--a small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CertifiedGuru

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2007
US
I am a Network Administrator (meaning I'm not a phone switch technician/expert by any means...) and have been asked to setup a way to dial to a new office from an internal extension. Bascially, we want to dial 1234 and get the remote office at 1-888-555-1234.

I have setup an ACDN 1234 with NCFW to 918885551234 which works fine inside the main office.

The Problem:

We have an 800 number DNIS that customers call and enter the extension of the party they want to reach--when they dial 1234 they get a fast busy.

Any suggestions on getting this to work?

Thomas

P.S. - This is a Nortel Option 51 with Symposium Call Center setup.

Create a Dummy ACD in LD 23 with a Don-DID, make the NCFW to 918885551234.

Then in LD 49, have your DNIS 1234 point to the Dummy ACDN.

Thank you for the suggestions but I feel I might have been a bit unclear about the problem...

We have an 800 number that customers can call and enter the extension of the party they wish to speak to. When they enter this particular extension number (I have been using 1234 as example) they get a fast busy. Other extensions (ACDN or 2616) work fine, but they NCFW to another internal extension or voicemail (3500 in our case).

Extension '1234' is not a DNIS, it's an ACDN set to NCFW to an outside phone number.

Sorry if I was unclear or am just not comprehending.

create a cdp for 1234 that routes to the external number. You will have to create a new rli that points to your external routes and uses a dmi to delete the 9

What system is handling the menu you are having trouble with? Meridian Mail? CallPilot? Something else? You might not have the Restriction/Permission list set up for dialing 1234 in either Meridian Mail or CallPilot.

That's what it is sounding like if he can dial internally but not via his 800 menu.

Instead of 9+ the number in NCFW use the Access code +Number to the trunk you want the call to go out on.

NCFW 918885551234

Change to

NCFW Access code 18885551234

Certified, Let me restate your issue let me know if I am understanding you correctly.

The 800 number in question comes into a mermail or callpilot where callers are presented with a choice to enter the extension they wish to call.

These extensions normally terminate on an acd que or directly to a user. If the user does not answer your voicemail system answers normally to take messages.

However when callers enter certain extensions that forward outside of your PBX they get a busy.

If the above is correct then confirm if the offsite location is local or long distance to the PBX processing the calls, if long distance you have a restriction level issue either with the PBX routing NCOS or the Voicemail system is restricted that transfer.

Let me know

Nazule,

That is exactly what is happening. We are using Meridian Mail as our call handler and the number being forwarded to is a toll free number (1-888...). The actual site is long distance from us, but to avoid trying to use a long distance code they setup that as a toll free number in the remote location.

What I would like to do is be able to transfer to the long distance number without a long distance code necessary. It would be much cheaper than the 1-888 approach. (AT&T is telling us this not possible???)

I have looked in the MM system in voice administration and restriction/permission lists - to be honest I don't know what I'm looking at. All-in-all it makes sense that it is a routing problem but I have never worked with anything of this nature before so I don't know where to start or what to do.

I digress, my inexperience in phone systems is haunting me... thank you all for the help provided thus far.

you could enable external call forwarding, set a sdn to an extension and set the call forwarding. just set the extension tn you use with a high enough ncos that doesn't need an ld code. should hold you over until you get trunking setup, if that's the way your going. might be ugly, but would get you going pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back