Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a virtual station to record a call?

Avaya_Enjoyer

Systems Engineer
Jan 4, 2023
CH
Hi kind people,

I have a situation at work which requires us to route calls away from our telephony system, we would like to record these calls and i was wondering if it was possible to use something like a virtual station to do so (the virtual station being set up to always record in ACR). The idea would be to route the calls away using a vector, then have a virtual station join in (similar to what happens in a conference call) and stay in call for the whole duration.

Does this even make sense and would it work? Otherwise, am i trying to work around a built in function which would easily allow this? Tried to search google and avaya docs but to no success.

We use the Avaya Aura R10 suite, i am sure you will need more details, let me know which ones.

Thanks in advance for the time you have taken to read my post!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back