Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a Coverage Answer Group - How Establish Group Extension? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker001

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
US
We have been using a terminating extension group in a location that has a Prologix G3CSI - the group of 4 have calls come thru that ring simultaneously at all 4 desks, then after a certain number of rings cover to voicemail. The group is now expanding to 5, so we need to move beyond a terminating extension group. I understand that the next logical step up would be a coverage answer group. However, I am not understanding how calls would be routed to it. The terminating extension group has a group extension number. But the coverage answer group does not. So how do we establish an extension and have the new coverage answer group be a part of it?

Coverage answer groups don't have a "group extension". They're groups that can be a point in a coverage path.

The "group extension" is (technically) the phone number you assign the coverage path to. The coverage path will have the coverage answer group as one of it's coverage points.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

delete your TEG.
'add cover answer next'
name it and put the 5 extensions in it. remember the number of the cover answer group.
'add cov path next'
in point 1, put the cover answer group in there by typing 'cx' x = cover answer group number, i.e. 'c1'
add station xxxx. (xxxx = original TEG group extension number). remember the cover path number.
make the station type 'virtual'. in cover path 1, put in the cover path number that you just created.

I also had to add the new extension to the ARS analysis. Everything worked perfectly. Thank you Dufus2506 & PBXTech for your assistance!

PBXTech - I'm wondering if you can help me. I have a 8700 with R3.0.1. I'm using cover answer groups at another location with R5 & the groups work just fine. I've duplicated the programming you've listed above but it's not working with the R3. When I do a list trace of my station it shows when I call the virtual extension its juming to point 2 (voice mail), never hitting point 1 which is cover answer group. Any ideas why that is happening?

check the criterea for coverage in the cover path.
Also make sure the called extension is not in the cover answer group.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

yes, we did check the cover path criteria & we were dialing the virtual extension with the coverpath of the cover answer group. The call completely skipped point 1 of the cover answer group.

Can someone explain why you cant have the called extension in the cover answer group please?

lin824, sorry about me not answering your question. i didn't see it come up.

to your question, are you using agents' extentions in the CAG? if they aren't logged on or if all the agents are busy, it will go to point2 (as it should). on my CM R3, i have point2 going back into an agent queue (VDN) if the CAG doesn't answer. my CAG's extentions don't get voicemail.

trejones, why would you want to have the virtual extention that covers to the CAG in the CAG itself? that would create somekind of cosmic rift, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back