Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use SCN for trunk failover getting extended dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhead

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2002
US
Been experiencing issues with our carrier over the past week, one of their main trunks was cut and they are slowly making repairs. We have a PRI on both sides of our SCN I have configured a fail over ARS to allow outbound calling via our other IPO but we get a dial tone the entire time the digits are being dialed. So if you dial 9-303-555-1212 you hear a dial tone until the call begins to ring. Any idea what I am doing wrong or how I can stop the extended dial tone?

FailoverARS_cxeyl4.jpg

Yes but I a m cooking dinner and my kids don't like burned food so be patient...

Got it figured out. I had the deselected the 'In Service' on the main ARS, once I selected 'In Service' the IPO detected the PRI as down and routed over the SCN to the remote PRI as expected without the extended dial tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back