Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent incoming calls have no caller ID on analog trunk line

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkabbaj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2014
SA
RECENTLY WE INSTALL NEW SYSTEM FOR AVAYA IP OFFICE 500 V2 R9.0 FOR CUSTOMER THAT HE HAVE BEFORE PANASONIC SYSTEM PBX TDA100, AND HE HAD ALREADY CALLER ID IN 7 ANALOG TRUNK LINE , BUT WHEN WE INSTALL AVAYA SYSTEM NO CALLER ID RECEIVED ON 7 ANALOG TRUNK LINE , AND AS MENTION IN ATTACHED CONFIG FILE FOR CUSTOMER SITE WE PROGRAMME THE SETTING FOR CALLER ID LIKE THAT :

1) SYSTEM/TELEPHONY/TONES & MUSIC >>>THERE ARE 3 CHOICES FOR CLI TYPE>>DTMF
2) FOR 7 LINE LINE>ANALOG OPTION> are programmed for Loop Start ICLID. and the phone company STC is providing the caller ID service. WE CHECK EACH LINE BY ANALOG PHONE WITH SCREEN AND IN ALL 7 LINE WE RECEIVE CALLER ID IN ANALOG PHONE BUT NOT IN AVAYA IP OFFICE SYSTEM

NOW SITUATION THAT CUSTOMER HE THINK THAT THE PROBLEM FROM AVAYA IP OFFICE SYSTEM AND HE WANT TO RETURN BACK, FOR THAT REASON WE NEED URGENT POSITIVE RESPONSE AND SUPPORT TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

NOTE : IN ATTACHED FILE YOU WILL FIND
AVAYA LOG (Monitor print out of an incoming call.)
CONFIGURATION FILE IS AVAILABLE IN BELLOW LINK

Is your CLID being sent using DTMF from your service provider? I am not fluent on European standards but in the USA we use FSK Bell 202 (frequency shifting key.) I could be wrong but I seem to recall DTMF is used more with SIP trunks.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLAY pmcook yes we are in saudi arabia here STC (SAUDI TELECOM COMPANY) USE DTMF STANDARD FOR CALL ID IN ANALOG TRUNK LINE
YOU CAN CHECK THE CONFIGURATION FILE
PRINT OUT OF TRACING FOR INCOMING CALL IT IS IN ATTACHED FILE (AVAYA.LOG)

Saudi Arabia is Not using FSK protocl OR FSK Bell 202 for Caller ID instead they using DTMF caller ID which case many problem for AVAYA IP OFFICE Card to detect.
I need an expert to help me and give me a simple steps (one by one) to follow then these steps enable my AVAYA IP OFFICE to detect the caller ID.

Then you need to find someone willing to help and pay for the help, that's what most people do in urgent cases, no rely on free help from strangers on a website :)

The IPO is not seeing the presentation digits. Can you get a DTMF to FSK converter? I was just reading some posts on other sites where people in India use them in situations like yours.

many thank's pmcook i will check if will find like this type of converter in the market here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back