Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrarde IPO from 8.1.95 to 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telklass

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2015
US
Hi all,

I have purchased an upgrade lic 8 R9.1 for IPO,this existing system is curently running on R8.1.95 , now i have a doubt on if only by installing the license the system will automatically upgrade from 8.1.95 to 9.1 or do i need to run a software manager 9.1 to recreate the SD card as well on this release.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks !

Hi telklass

The best is using Manager
File - Advanded - Upgrade
when the upgrade is done, install the license and reboot
note: the essenstial edition license on your 8.1.95 must NOT be "virtual essential edition"

Better yet install the license BEFORE performing the upgrade.
personally I prefer the Recreate SD card approach as it takes less time YMMV

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If you edit the memory card file to not include languages you will not use it will take far less time to recreate the SD card then using the upgrade wizard(5 minutes give or take with only eng/enu). I have also seen a few times that the upgrade wizard does not bring all the phone firmware files and I had to manually upload them.

It should not need to be said but I will anyways... backup the config and your voicemail files before doing an upgrade even with the wizard which is always good practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back