Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Software from 1.00.2.04.j to Latest Version 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stedia

Technical User
Oct 12, 2018
GB
Have very old software on our BCM50. Could anyone tell what the upgrade path is regarding upgrading to latest software version. Thanks.

Path is R1 to R2, then R2 to R6, followed by patching up to date. Since you're currently at R1 I would be leery about upgrading a hard drive this old as it's probably a Maxtor which are problematic. It would be cleaner and less costly to just buy an R6 replacement BCM50 and re-program. Several options are available on eBay.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Also, don't forget to have some backups done prior to the upgrade as It can be time consuming trying to get it back as it used to be.

What you can do is to follow Brian's sound advice and purchase another BCM 50 of the same release and clone it with your backup before upgrading it to a newer release. The Seagate 80 gig were good replacements for the Maxtor 40 gig ones.

My guide that I have attached might be useful to you.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I have been using Seagate or Western Digital both at 500 gigs since the smaller ones are much harder to come by.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Can you still get an upgrade licence now...??????? not sure

If you do get a release 6 you will need licences for this version to work ..
the licence from rel 1 can not be put on to the rel 6 directly unless its migrated to the new chassis ID with a new licence file.

There are ways to overcome the keycode queries that have been mentioned. However, as stated above that any BCM 50 at release 1.0 will require a upgrade keycode to be added to take it to release 2.0 or 3.0 before it has to be upgraded again to 5.0 or the final release of 6.0

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the advice. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back