Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Mics 3.0 to 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyC001

Vendor
Dec 10, 2004
US
I have to do an upgrade on a Mics 3.0 to 7.0 I have the upgrade kit with the 4.1 and 7.0 upgrade tool. I want to know if I'm understanding the instructions.
1) Power Down and insert the 4.1 upgrade.
2) Power back up and wait for display to read insert mics.
3) If no error codes power down.
4) Insert the 7.0 upgrade tool and wait for time and date.
5) If no error codes power down.
6) Insert new 7.0 software.

Is this correct?

That should do it. I would recommend backing up the system just in case. The first time I did an upgrade like this I didn't realize it had to be incremental and I lost all of the config. also, once the upgrade starts, theres no way to revert to a previous version. Good luck!

Check your manual again, all upgrades I do, I go to 4.1 first, then install a 6.1 software, once that is up and running then I go to 7.0. The way I understand the book if you are not running 6.1 before you insert 7.0 your programming is lost. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Thanks phoneguy427. I have asked this questions many times and know one new the correct steps. Guess I will have to have 6.1 (both MICS & XC) on hand when I upgrade to 7.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back