Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from SAVCE Server Version 10.0.1 to 10.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunkie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2005
US
Has anyone attempted to upgrade from SAVCE server version 10.0.1 to SAVCE 10.0.2 on their Primary Server? We have attempted and the installation failed with an event log error of 1708, indicating that we needed an updated MSI. Obviously we had the most current MSI, and ended up having to reformat the server in order to upgrade. We are just wondering what caused this to happen or if anyone else had seen the same.

I had to reformat my 10.0.0 server because it was acting weird.. I put 10.0.2 on it but it could see all my clients except for my 10.0.0 clients! (could see my 10.0.2 clients).. I didnt get any error message during install but I'm uninstalling 10.0.2 on my server now and putting 10.0.0 back on it it (I dont have a copy of 10.0.1)

...I hope they fix this stuff and come out with a patch for 10.0.2 or come out with 10.0.3... it seems like 2 came out a very short time after 10.0.1

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

You need to make sure all the snapins are removed before you install 2.2000 this includes the system center console. If these are present when you do the install it will fail.
Also make sure you reboot after you uninstall the snapins

Regards
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back