Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Application Server Taking Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
Has anyone noticed that it seems to take forever upgrading the application server? I am upgrading to 11 now from 9, and it has been upgrading one-x portal for over an hour. Has anyone else run into this?

Going to major release upgrade, it would have been better to take backup of App server and reinstall entire ISO/OVA. Quicker too sometimes.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

Andhee, finding that out the hard way. I think that's what I'm going to do. Fyi, i was told going from 9 to 11 with a DVD for the application server won't work. You need to go from 9 to 10, then to 11.

Not for Application Server. You should be able to go directly to 11. The step upgrade is only for IP Office.
DVD or USB for installation should work for you. Re-image the entire App Server.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

This is from the latest 11.0 release notes:

5.5 Upgrade Instructions for Server Edition and Applications Server
If using a DVD to install this release of IP Office Server Edition and Applications Server,
you can upgrade directly from the previous GA release (10.0 or 10.1) For further
information, please refer to the “IP Office Application Server 10.0 Installation and
Maintenance” and the “Upgrading” section of the “Deploying IP Office Server Edition
Solution” manual available from the IP Office Knowledgebase. Upgrades are
supported from the latest service packs of 10.0, 10.1 and 11.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back