Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded to R9 and 16xx sets reset themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk78

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
US
I've upgraded 2 IPO's to R9 and my 16xx series phones are randomly rebooting. One is a server edition and the other is a stand alone V2. It occurs most often when logging a set in/out or hot desking to another location. Anybody else seen similar issues?

Saw it on early r8.1 releases due to faulty 16xx firmware.

What firmware is on the 16xx?

They have the 1.3.3 firmware.

The D firmware?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hmm, not seen it yet.

BAZINGA!

we just received a tech bulletin that when you go to r9 you need to look the software directly to the sd card and then insert it into the ipoffice, not done the traditional way I guess, wonder if this is causing your problem

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

That's what I tend to do anyway, not seen that tech bulletin.... care to share? :)

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:11 AM
To: Catalyst Support; Catalyst Business Development; Catalyst Sales; SMBS Team
Subject: ***URGENT!*** R9 IP Office
Importance: High

Team,

Please get this message out to your partners immediately.

With regards to new systems being sold at R9.0:

If you purchase a new system before you do anything with the SD card you will need to recreate it on your PC to load R9.

Systems are being turned up at R8.1 and once a call is made the system cannot be upgraded to R9 without an upgrade license.

R9 needs to be loaded on the SD card before anything is done. Do not even put the SD card in the 500V2.

Mike Owens | Team Leader, Technical Support

Sorry it was not a tech bulletin yet!

Smokinjoe, can you share that doc?

BAZINGA!

Ah.... this has been the case since 8.1 removed the 90 day window though, so don't see the need for such a panicked email [ponder]

And this is not relating to firmware issues just licencing....

it was sent as an email directly to us from Cataylst, I am guessing the author who sent it to Cataylst must work for Avaya, sorry this is all I have.

OK, this is just normal :)
I always put in the SD card and then upgrade the unit.
The last one i did was with recreating the SD card before putting it in.
Put if i can't upgrade then screw Avaya and i will raise a case as this is not documented (tech bulletin lacks info at all)

BAZINGA!

not a panic email just an fyi

:) no panic here.
But this is not related to the phone issue i think.

BAZINGA!

The email is stupid. For any new system you should update the SD card to the actual software level required before installing. That's been the recommendation since even before the removal of the upgrade grace period.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Just an update for you guys. Avaya has acknowledged this issue and design is looking into a fix. Some 96XX sets also experienced the issue in Avaya's lab.

It is indeed a bug:

IPOFFICE-52043 1600 Series IP Phones reset on 9.0 GA when you attempt to login as a different users 9.0.0.0 9.0 Service Pack 2

BAZINGA!

yea! more rebooting ip phones, how does this stuff pass QA at avaya? I was bit by the 8.1 firmware bug for the 16xx phones, customer was pissed his new phones would spontaneously reboot every 10 minutes, and after sticking in 9608's, it worked fine. I wish us tech's would get bonus money from avaya for taking the time to troubleshoot, send traces, multiple emails, sometimes lasting for months, to help squash their bugs. It's a thankless time consuming job from Avaya that costs the companies we work for time and money, and customers aren't impressed their brand new system doesn't function correctly. /rant

Yeah, I feel better. Happy Tuesday everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back