Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded custome from 8x24 to MICS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2015
CA
Upgraded custome from 8x24 to MICS with their existing Flashtalk2. They claim on the old system ext. 234 was hard forwarded (Feature 4) to ext. 227 and if 227 did not answer it went to the voice mail of 227. I was always under the impression that if no answer on the forwarded number it goes to the extension of the origination extension or if they have no voice mail it goes to the general voice mail. How could they hacve tricked the system to go to the voice mail of the forwarded extension?

Is this something they did daily or was it forwarded for a long time?
Is the set 227 plugged in?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

CFNA and Answer DN's do go to the originating DN.
If they had Answer DN programmed then there was no need to use Call Forward so I would dismiss Answer DN.

You need to provide a lot of details to see if any old trickery can be done.
Put the client in a dark room with a bright light and a thick telephone book and extract the required info you need to make sure exactly how they do the procedure and when etc.
My guess is they think that is what was happening.

Then answer these:

If the call does not go to the mailbox of 227 then where do they go?

Which is the correct one/s below regarding the issue?
-Calls are a private line at 227
-Calls transferred by Reception or AA to 227
-Only internal calls to 227

What the setup?
-Just a normal setup where lines Ring at Reception or AA?
-Lines Ring at 227 and 234 (and maybe others)?

What does the users 234 have to say?
-They do not recall getting messages meant for 227
-They do get messages for 227

What mailboxes are configured in the Flashtalk?
-Only mailbox 234 exists
-Mailbox 227 and 234 exist

What is the Prime Set for each Line?
What is the Transfer and DRT ring counts at?

8X24 ...I assume though the programming is lost on the 8X24 and the reason for this job if not:
-Are the users DN's CFN to Vmails DN or where they all set to None and used the Prime Line setting cheat instead?
-Was ILG programmed?

As for new trickery the only thing I can think of off hand is to build a Hunt Group HG001 ext 7XX
-FNA X 234 to Vmails DN after 3 Rings (keep what ever 227 has for settings)
-Setup HG001 and add 227 as the Member (Ring Only so it does not use up a button)
-Set the HG001 Overflow to 227 and the Queue Timeout to 15 seconds
-Now forward 234 to 7XX

Now when you call 234 the HG (with member 227) will ring 4 times then the HG will drop out and it will ring only 227 like normal for an additional 3 rings then go to 227's mailbox.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thank you everyone for your responses. Finally convinced the customer to come into the 21st century and changed him to VoIP, which does everything he can dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back