Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to a BCM 450 from a 50? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PImoose

Technical User
Dec 3, 2008
US
We were quoted an upgrade to a Shortel from ATT, but the owner doesn't want to spend the money there and see the useful equipment we currently have go to waste. Is there an easy upgrade path from a 50 to 450 or would it be easier to start from scratch? I've seen a couple documents but they all had higher releases, we are on 1. I've tried contacting a few local places but no one wants to return calls, so I am on my own currently as to figuring out a solution.

PImoose- It seems this thread has gotten way off course. In your first question you stated that's the owner wanted to save money and try to reuse good existing equipment. Well with that said going with the E-MetroTel UCx system is the way to go, you can use your BCM 50 as your digital gateway and you can reuse your Nortel phones which will work far superior on a UCx then on a IP Office. You will find the price difference between a BCM 450 and a UCx quite noticeable not to mention the BCM is a EOL system as much as it hurts to say it. I too like a lot of people here have worked on Nortel systems most of their lives and hate to see it go. I'm just glad that some Nortel guys got together and are keeping the product alive through the E-MetroTel systems.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back