Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Server Edition to 12.0 with Media Manager

Albus2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2010
CH
Did someone successfully upgrade to 12.0 and is still able to access old recordings?

I did upgrade a customer system from 11.1.3.0 to 11.1.3.1 and then to 12.0. All looked good.
But we did not notice, new recordings are OK, but the old ones are no more listed in MM. In fact, MM started a new database.
Since the recordings are encrypted it doesn't help to copy them from the disk, they need to be played or downloaded through the MM GUI.
There is no way to regain access to the old recordings, although the files are still present on the disk.
Avaya Support was useless. However, the customer was kind enough to accept this because we have a VMware backup of the system before the upgrade. In case a recording is really needed, we can reactivate this. Retention period is quite short anyway, and new recordings are no problem.

However, since then I'm trying to perform this upgrade in the lab, taking special care of MM.
Outcome is different as I try to follow different tips I got.
It's from same as above to additional-hdd#1 is not mounted to wrong permission - but never working.

There is a SOLN (but for upgrade from Centos6 to Centos7) which says to stop MM and deactivate autostart before upgrade - but after upgrade, it's still started with same result.
If not, and I start it after some time when all migration processes are done, same problem.
When I say 'not mounted' it is because this is what PuTTY and WinSCP tell, but :7071 shows it as usual...

I really like to know if someone did this upgrade, but with success.

Could this PSN have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• PSN006317u.pdf
    183.3 KB · Views: 7

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back