Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Mics 6.1 to Mics 6.1 XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcojcs

Programmer
Apr 21, 2005
US
I need to upgrade from Mics 6.1 to Mics 6.1XC. The upgrade Docs. and posts have conflicting info.
Will I lose the Data base when I install the 6.1XC ROM and if so can I restore from the 6.1 backup?

You will not lose the database in theory. Simply replace the flash card. But as always do a backup first just in case.

6.1 xc back to non xc shouldn't be a problem either.

Marv

The upgrade procedure is the way it should work ... It has worked for me ...
as nortelnorstar said, just swap out the ROM
a catch is ensure the NVRAM is Rel2

Do the software upgrade before the hardware upgrade

Always Always backup ...if possible do manually as well
Keep keycodes handy

Be very careful when downgrading - that tends to change the system ID

Thanks for the replies Marv & Senk1s.
We recently upgraded this system from R1T1 to what we thought was 6.1XC which required manually reprogramming 100+ stations. After the upgrade we discovered that the software was mislabled as 6.1XC when in fact it was Mics 6.1. I was concerned when I saw a post that said going from non XC to XC software causes a cold restart.Thanks again for your replies. I hope things go smoother than the first time around.

I did it with both 6 port fiber cards in place and yes it treated it as a downgrade. If the hardware is not in place then I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back