Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from IPO Release 11.0 to R11.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammy12

Technical User
Mar 12, 2019
CA
Hello,

It says on Avaya document that IPO can be upgraded from release 11.0 to Release 11.1 without an upgrade license.

I am a bit confused and would like to confirm if anyone has done this successfully.

Do we need any upgrade license to upgrade from R11.0 to Release 11.1.

Thanks in advance.

derfloh: Is there anything you do not know, lol?

Either way, I think I would avoid R11.1 for a bit.

ACSS

dsm600rr: don't embarrass him (derfloh), he was just "lucky" to have had so much to do with AVAYA in his lifetime ;-)

seg_DE90762 don't embarrass derfloh telling everyone that he had so much to do with Avaya, haha

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Just a word of caution.
When upgrading to R11.1 from 11.0 on Server Edition.
The 11.0 needs to be backed up, and R11.1 needs to be installed as new.

I did this 3 times, and each time One-X Portal would fail to come up. There were errors with DMSL failing.

The error happens when you import the users.xml file from the R11.0 backup.
If you don't import the users all services come up correctly, but the users need to be manually entered.

If you don't use One-X portal, then not an issue I guess. I use it to authenticate users to the Webclient, so it was an issue for me.

NO TRAVIS NO

That was upgrading to 11.1 GA. Process has changed now for upgrading to 11.1 SP1. No installing as new anymore (But you still backup everything before upgrading as you do for any upgrade anyway).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back