Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade 6920 Firmware Remotely 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
US
Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on a single minet 6920 01.03.00.112 for testing purposes? I know I can statically assign the TFTP server address on a phone if I am at the phone. But is there a way to do that remotely?

I suppose you can now browse to the 69XX phone Web GUI and upgrade firmware.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

stop tftp server
sftp existing tftp files off as backup
sftp new tftp to Mivb
turn on tftp
use maintenance load to restart device for testing
test
if ok leave it and use maintenance command to load the rest
if not ok
turn on tftp
sftp old software back
turn on tftp
use maintenance load to restart device and make it perform tftp downgrade

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for your responses.

There isn't an upgrade firmware option on the web Gui. I think the SIP version has that but these are minet(?)

We need to test for a week or two. If I change the files on the TFTP server, any phone that reboots will also get the update. If I just do it long enough to upgrade the couple phones that I want to test, then put the old files back on, then the upgraded phones would then downgrade if they happened to reboot.

Thats correct

when updating we normally backup , dump new , load some test phones , get customer to test , then tell them we can load or they can restart handsets as required

we havent yet had an issue moving forward

for 6900 series its a bit like sip improvements , they are coming fast and regular
i wouldnt hestitate to upgrade 6900 firmware to the latest at any site thats having issues

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back