Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Voicemail Pro DataBase Avaya VMP IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoelOhashi

Programmer
Feb 12, 2009
BR
Im intended to run one Medical Office App on a Windows 2003 Dell Server, but since Im having issues in succeding to access the server from all he five Windows XP terminals connected to the local network, I need to constantly update the 3rd party MDB file (60.000 registered customers) to the directory from where VMP Opens, executes and gets the data.
I am one Avaya IPO VMP IVR licensed user and I have experienced fail of the Data base execute action, everytime I need to updated the 3rd party MDB file on the same directory where the old one used to be. Should I stop Windows database service from running before I load the updated MDB file to that same folder?

I can imaging that when you change that database you need to restart the services
But if it is that important then ditch the Dell server and get a proper one :)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

How bout installing one regular Windows XP Home Edition with ISS propperly installed in the Dell Server? Do you think the Server will accept Windows XP?

Never ever use a home edition when you use Avaya !
Never ever use Dell with Avaya !

The OS you are using is good, just get another server or good pc with XP professional or Vista on it and again, no Home editions !!!!

:)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

If the Database is in backup state or inaccessible in any way by VM Pro then the database module in VM Pro cease working until the VM Pro service is restarted.
I have noticed this in several occasions.
The resolution of this problem is kind of dirty but i wrote script which restart the VM Pro server half a hour after completing the database update, then it keeps working.

@ intrigant

Hi. The Local network is already working! One simple detail in the Domain name was the cause for that issue. It worked smoothly from 08:00 to 12:00. But, all of the sudden, one of the PC users reported freezing of the Medical office app. The user restarted his PC. And then he was able to return to his App.

As I decided to make one change on Avaya VMP App, because I needed to correct one transfer action display $DBD(1) to $DBD(0) I ticked Save and Make Active, then Execute Database action failed. Without quitting the Medical Office App, I made a copy of that access database file (stored under the app's main folder) to My Documents folder and then, the worst. MDB file got corrupted and now I cannot open it. We've lost all medical files created from 08:00 to 16:00 today. I will try to recover this file using AccessFix.

But then, I will come back to that very first stage where I cannot have instantanous updates unified to Avaya VMP. What do you suggest?

@ Everybody
Issue Solved... Everything working smoothly! I love Avaya Unified Communications....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back