Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UP-GRADE TO 7.1 MICS-FROM 4.0 QUESTIONS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
Is there any issues going from a 4.0 MICS-to a 7.1 MICS?
Any issue with older M-series phones on 7.1 s/ware?
Any cabinet/NVRAM issue?(keeping old cabinet)
I'm replacing NVRAM & PCM cards & re-programming + adding
a Call Pilot 100.

Thank you!!

Yes, you need to use an Upgrade Tool.
No.
Cabinet no problem, but need new NVRAM, Allegedly.
Good luck.

Adversity is Opportunity

Hi
For your M-serie phones, you need rls 5+ for 7324 and 16+ for 7310 and 7208. If not, you will have problems with volume. (you will always have to adjust it)

gl

The phone system was upgraded to 7.1.

Customer is reporting that calls are successfully transfered from one phone to another and when the party picks up or during the active call the line stays connected but neither party can hear each other.

I was talking to the customer from my cell phone and we both stayed connected but neither of us could hear each other.

This happens on a T7316E and possibly a M Series as well.

gleduc - Does the symptom I describe sound like the volume on the phone is being set to Zero during a call?

Any ideas?

Is this happening on T1 circuit or Analog Trunks or both?

I gathered additional information from the customer and it was all phones (both M and T series) on their Analog Trunks. We isolated the problem to the carrier (Dynamic VOIP Product that hands off to the Nortel's Analog Trunks).

Gotta love VOIP CO's. I've had more problems with them lately. Comcast seems to be getting the hang of it, but they've got a ways to go.

RikRodgers,
Same here seems like the hand off to Analog Trunks is better VOIP but I have alot of them converting to PRI that is a major headache.

I agree with you guys on the VoIP handoffs.
Nothing but friggin problems!

Any idea why customers are buying into this load of crap?
Is it really that much cheaper than a traditional PRI?

-SD-

VOIP handoff's is causing a problem with a customer of mine that has a PRI, CP 150 and Auto Attendant answering. Callers are entering extensions and they are either going to other extensions or the CP is not recognizing the extension entered. Another customer's Off Prem is not working because of this. AAhhhhh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back