Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unused DID's routing to our attendant console phone. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportpbx

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2009
US
Thank you in advance for any help on this issue. I have been working on some other PBX issue and it appears it pours when it rains...

I was notified by one of our users that unused DID's are being routed to attendant console. For example, a user left the company and I had his TN (where the DN was associated) outed. When I dial the extension from inside the company it gives out fast busy sound. When I dial the full number XXX-XXXX, the call routes to the attendant console phone (front desk).

When I did little more investigation, it appears all unused DN's routes to the auttendant console. When I do prt DNB on these DNs it outputs the following..

SCH0881
NO ACT SINCE NO DATE

Is there a way for me to configure the PBX so that inbound calls to these unused DIDs, also gives out fast busy? What would be the best way to do this?

Once again, thank you for your help.

Awesome!! That did the trick. Thank you so much for your help GHTROUT! As for the other issue I am in the middle of trying to get hold of our account representative (AT&T) to have them verify the trunk for the ring tone.

Thank you once again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back