Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unrecognisable Database format

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghobbes98

Programmer
Feb 7, 2002
IE
I was wondering if anybody would be able to clear something up for me.
When I create a database in Microsoft Access 2000 (its only for something small which is why I am using access) but the tables are all ok but when I try and access the table through VB I am told that it is an unrecognisable format however if I create the db and tables through vb I am able to access the tables however when I go to view the tables through access I am told that it is a lower version or something and I am not able to alter the tables.
Just looking for a bit of clarification on what the heck the problem is and a possible solution cause it is so much easier to create the tables in access rather then having to create the tables through vb

Hi,

Check your MS ADO references in your VB project. It should at least be version 2.5 for access 2000.
Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

I haven't even got that far I was just trying to see if I could connect to the db. I set up the database opened a new project and put two text boxes on the form and one data control. I set the databasename equal to the relevant db and then I tried to set the recordsource equal to a certain table in the db however when I click on that button I get the unrecognisable db format error

Hi,

The data control is also a part of MDAC. Check which version of MDAC you have (e.g. by looking in the references to see which version of MS ADO you've got). The newest version can be downloaded from [pipe] Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

microsfot ado 2.5 ext for DLL and security I have included this as a reference but still doesn't work

Hi!

MSAccess 2000 is not recognizable when you are using DAO as your reference. Try to use ADO... i guess these will solve your problem.
Try to download some Service Pack. OK[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back