Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unprogrammed DID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

robust57

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
I am curious if this can be done or not. How would I make it so that unprogrammed DID's would go to our receptionist. Say I have a DID of xxx-xxx-8000 on our PRI but I don't have anything programmed in the switch for it. This normally produces a fast busy signal or some sort of message from the CO but I would like the call to go to a receptionist. I know I could build a Phantom 500 or a dummy ACD (major admin work) but I would like to know if there's just a system wide setting that sends all unprogrammed DID's to a DN.

The issue that has come up is that when someone departs from our company I would like to be able to delete all programming associated with thier DID. After a departure if someone calls this disconnected DID I would like the call to ring to the receptionist. Thanks

Not sure you'll find what you're looking for, the Switch is a computer, the DID is being used or it's not being used. If it's not being used it's listed with the unused DN's in the Switch.

Maybe you should just leave a Tagged Message on your call Pilot or MerMail which suggest the number is no longer in use. Once the message is given the system says good bye and no message can be left.

The DID to the Switch is either in use or not in use, you'll have to decide, I don't think the Switch will direct Traffic to an unused DN or TN.

Good Luck,

L.A.CityTech

I not talking about sending traffic to an unused TN, I know that's not possible. What I am looking for is all unused DN's to a programmed DN.

look at vnr, vacant number routing in the cdb is made for that.. either there or rdr_data in the cdb.. i use vnr because i am sending those to the miran..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Haven't tried to get this to work on my switch yet.

John, its under CDB under the Net_data. Package 160 is require as is enabling FNP.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Boo on all this complexity. John's solution is preferred, but "intercept treatment" is standard. Just do what I did here and the attendant will get any DID call to an unassigned DN

>ld 15
CDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 12635331 USED U P: 2564322 643674 TOT: 15843327
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 912 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ: chg
TYPE: int

TYPE INT_DATA
CUST 0
ACCD
CTVN ovf ovf ovf atn
MBNR
CTRC
CLDN
NINV
NITR
NRES
NBLK
LCKT
RCLE
CONG
DLT
LLT
DNDT

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 12635331 USED U P: 2564322 643674 TOT: 15843327
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 912 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ:

~

federal mandate says that the pbx has to return answer supervision on non used did's.. some offices fail to see answer supervision and play, you have reached a number that is out of service.. either GH's solution on the one i post will stop that recording..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Does this mandate mean you have to return some sort of message, in other words a fast busy violates this mandate? I am a bit confused as to the specifics of this mandate.

You have to return answer supervision to the trunk.

I had 200 DID's in a route that didn't have Answer Supervision (YES) and you could call these DID's from a long distance location and not get charged for the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back