Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniform Desktop for All Users 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGUY53

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
could someone direct me to a documentation where i can accomplish in having a uniform desktop for all users? such as pointing to a specific web site in IE, same background, same GUI.

thanks.

I guess I will ask for what kind of business? Are all of the computers used by the same or similar group of users, e.g: the computers are used in an insurance company only by 500 claims adjusters? Or they are used in a company that has 10,000 employees who encompass a wide variety of job disciplines such as hardware, software, and test engineers, and management, manufacturing, etc. employees?

If the latter, it won't work. You can deploy a standard set of applications to every computer. But not a standardized IE homepage, desktop background, and desktop icon set. Well you can, but the 733t h4x0rs among your group of employees will defeat your efforts.

frank-

this business is for the federal GOV. all the computers use exactly the same hardware (with a few exceptions out there), but all use all the same type software. there are no test engineers, management, manufacturing. i can't go into detail because due to its classification, but everyone uses the same software, hardware.

i want my clients to be able to point to a specific web site that i have set up in DNS where they all they have to do is click on the "big blue 'e'". do you think it will work now since everyone is uniform?

thanks,

itguy

bcastner-

i knew there was a simple solution that i've over looked. why in the world am i complicating things when you have that in front of you.

thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back