Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undefined function 'trim' in expression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2003
US
I need help ASAP. I am getting the above message. It happens only occasionally. I have a form that is basically a login form to identified who this person is. Some people can get into it, but others can't. It gives them this message Undefined funtion 'trim' in expression. I can copy my back up over the main one and it works fine....for a while. That time frame varies. What can i change without overhaulling the database? Thanks

Sounds like a problem with the references on some of your machines. Short of changing your recordsets to late binding (not recommended due to potential issues with performance), you can check the references on the offending machines to see if any are missing. If none are missing, you can usually select a reference that is not already selected. Close the module (you don't have to save). Close and reopen the database. Go back to the reference you selected earlier and clear it. Close the module (again, you don't have to save) and try the procedure that was causing the problem to see if it is now cleared up.

"Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, for all course may run ill." J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks. I noticed that the Microsoft Office 9.0 Object was missing on most of the machines. Apparently, Office was not completed install and the DLL that it references is not out there. So... I deleted and it works fine. I only need the OLE Automation, VBA, Access 9.0 and DAO library references.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

"Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, for all course may run ill." J.R.R. Tolkien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back