Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unconditional forward to external line

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbozttu

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2015
US
Hi guys, I have found so much useful information here in the process of setting up my first IPO from scratch. I am on 9.0.3, already have 2 sites up and running, working on #3 and doing it myself this time around for the most part, I like to learn :)

Anyway, I have all 3 sites connected via SCN, and centralized voicemail, interoffice dialing, etc are working. All 3 sites have PRI's. The new site, when I do an unconditional forward to an outside line, it isn't working and I am kinda at a loss here. If the user I'm attempting to forward has Voice mail enabled, it will ring once and go to VM. If I turn off VM for that user, it will just go to a fast beep error. Unconditional forward to another extension works fine. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! (think Zoolander)

Unconditional forward to external number works perfectly fine at my other two sites. I have tried to mirror as much of the settings as possible, in fact the PRI settings are identical. This system does have 4 analog trunk lines on a card that we are not using, I have already changed them all to a different line group at the suggestion of someone else and that didn't seem to do anything. I tried to delete them but they always come back, I assume that whatever cards are in the system, the lines will be automatically created and you can't get rid of them even if you aren't using them. I do have the analog trunk lines labeled out of service.

Looking for any guidance! Thanks in advance!

Forgot to mention, inbound/outbound work totally fine on the new system, the PRI itself seems to be fine. I feel like I'm just missing something simple/small!

Did you enter you outside line code? 9 in front of your unconditional forward? Also make sure your unused analog ports are out of service (or at leased in a different outbound group)

Verify the "short codes" are setup correctly.

Use Monitor and watch a call progress. What is happening is the dialed number is invalid so it rolls over to VM rather than just dropping the call. Check the Forward tab for that user and see what the last CF number is set for. Also look at Source Numbers. Try dialing those numbers from that extension.

Have you used the shortcode *7? To CF to say (800)555-1212 from a extension you type *7*918005551212# assuming 9 is your outside line select. Then use *01 to enable and *02 to disable CF at that extension.

Tech support from Vendor suggested unchecking "Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer" from the system > telephony tab, but that doesn't appear to have worked either. I am about to log to Monitor and see if I can figure out what is going wrong / I'll probably post it here.

StreamlineNet - I do have the 9 in front of the number, and my unused analog lines are set to out of service AND with a different outbound group number. I haven't touched any of the factory default short codes.

pmcook - I can dial the line I am trying to forward to perfectly from the extension in question... I have been doing this using manager, not the phone itself / short codes. I will try that today.

When I have the error window open in Manager, I only have one error - Line 13 (my PRI) - "Value outside range 0 to 99999 inclusive" - when I click this error it takes me to the PRI settings page but I have no idea what it is referring to.

Thanks all!

Actually it looks like the "Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer" did work! Awesome! Thanks again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back