Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unblock group of dns

Status
Not open for further replies.

root911

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
I'm new to programming, please bare with me. The switch I inherited has dns 100 thru 199 blocked to interal callers except for one phone. Where would I find and change this system perimeter? I want to open up the 100s to everbody.

Start by printing the TN of the phone that is not blocked and comparing it to a print of a TN that is blocked. Are 100-199 built as extensions on the local switch? I've never heard of on-switch extensions being blocked from phones local to the switch. Is it possible that these DNs are actually built as distant steering codes? It might help to post a print of one of these DNs as well as a print of the TNs I mentioned above.

Also, are these DNs related to an ACD (ACDNs or position IDs)?

found the problem, thanks for the help
the system was built with a pretranslation (XLST) level to prevent internal callers from accessing the 100's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back