Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UMS not fowarding message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyberius_imported

Technical User
Aug 23, 2010
US

I have added my user account to use the UMS feature and setup and IMap account and the sync between phone and E-mail (Outlook) is working fine. When i delete an e-mail message it removes the VM message for phone and visa versa.

When i try to forward the e-mail message to an internal or external email account it does not send and comes back as undeliverable. I know the mailbox addresses are valid.

I then went into the settings of the Imap account in Outlook and changed the outgoing mail server to my Exchange server ip address thinking that would fix it, but no luck.

Also made sure that the outgoing mail server did not require authentication.

The error message says that the "connection to the server was interrupted."

I'm running IPO V6(8) and VM PRO V5 (23)

I might think about upgrading the PRO and trying again.

How did you get IMAP Server to run? What kind of UMS licenses do you have? Legacy or Office Profile/Power User?

I've been having issues with getting IMAP Server to run. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks!

I setup an Imap email account on my Outlook client of my local machine. I did not have to set up a server per say.
You have to do this on every workstation that uses UMS. There might be a way to do this at the server level, but i'm not knowing about that.

The license is called UMS Web Service, I'm on version 6 of IPO. IF you have a valid license you should have a check box for it in the user profile/Voicemail tab.

In VM Pro Client, if you click on Help > About, does it say IMAP Server: "Running" ???

I am also using version 6 but with Office Worker licenses. However, when I go to VM Pro Client and in the Help > About, it says I got he proper seats for UMS but my IMAP Server says "Not Started."

I am also using Server 2008 with IIS 7.0.

Thanks for your response to this because I've been looking for someone trying to get this to work for months.

Ok. I upgraded to the latest maintenance builds and everything works now. Must be that annoying bug!

That was one of the caveats that was corrected. IMAP did not work if you dont have text to speech licenses.

tyberius: do you have any info on how to do sync between phone and E-mail (Outlook).. I can´t make this thing work or what to do with the server.

If you have the appropriate licenses you first need to give the user access to UMS. Goto licenses - UMS Web services and double click it, this will let you add them.

Make sure that in VM Pro you have SMTP set. Admin\Preferences\General Mapi tab - Use e-mail protocol check SMPT. Mapi is the default.

Then on the users Outlook client add an Imap e-mail account

Example: Outlook
1. Select Tools and then Options.
2. Select Mail Setup and then click E-mail Accounts.
3. Select Add a new e-mail account.
4. Select IMAP as the server type.
5. In Server Information for Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server enter the IP address or domain name address of the Voicemail Pro server PC.
6. In Logon Information enter the user's extension number and voicemail code as the User Name and Password.

7.Then More Setting/ General call it Voicemail or something so that you can find the folder withing your Outlook client.

With all that done the VM and e-mail should sync up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back