Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK Distributors ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
Hi Guys,

We are moving into the IPOffice. We are a Nortel shop and it makes sense for us. I would just like to ask your opinions on UK distributors. I know of 3, SS,N,WC

I would just like to get your opinions on who you guys would recommend. As we are only starting out in this product, good training and support is our primary concern along with good stock level.

Thanks for any feedback.

I havent had a drop of beer out of those SS monkeys! Im sure Ive helped fix as many issues as I have raised! ;-) you know who you are phil!

Here in technical we can hardly afford our own beer, let alone anyone else's! I think you need to have a word with your account manager!

>Here in technical we can hardly afford our own beer

Would that be because you have a car habit?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Working for a distri is just as working for a reseller.
Always the same sh*t.
Sometimes working for a reseller is more fun.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I need to get in on this.

AMRiddle - Nimans havent changed anything in terms of out of the box failures. 30 day DOA, under 30 day straight swap. Outside 30 day repair only, this is the way it has always been.

Scott - You are a good man, i apprec your comments.

ALL - AVNET Watch this space. AVNET are huge, Nortel disty coming into the Avaya fold via aquisition. I am going from N to A at the end of this month to set up the Avaya channel.

If it is great service/support ditribution then there is a new player on the block who will be eager to please. Come and get some!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may wish to convey that to all account managers then, because I can assure you we have not had the under 30 day straight swap recently, we had a 5621 faulty out the box and "N" would only repair not replace...I didn't make it up, why would I. I will post proof here if it is required :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

No, i believe you.

Email me directly and i will sort it out, if you want me to.

Hi Platguy

Hoiw long till *this* ip address gets blocked then!

Good luck with the new role

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Does that mean your moving down south PG??

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

ha ha.

Im sure one of the wc ss etc guys will be flagging this post as unappropriate very very soon.

Will i be moving down south? Not yet. Avnet have premises in warrington also with demo suite and labs etc etc.

We will have guys working out of the north and south.

OI!!!! Less of the Northern Monkey!!!

Just wish there was a Disty in Yorkshire. Driving distance to pick kit up.

Jamie Green

Isn't that where it is greener then green because of all that rain all the time ?

:)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Im sure one of the wc ss etc guys will be flagging this post as unappropriate very very soon."

Doesn't bother me... Avnet are already our competition with Shoretel anyway.

Newcastl??? Isn't that in Scotland?!?!?!?

Jamie Green

@Jamie77 Who is to say there won't be a Distie in Yorkshire VERY soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back