Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK Distributors ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
Hi Guys,

We are moving into the IPOffice. We are a Nortel shop and it makes sense for us. I would just like to ask your opinions on UK distributors. I know of 3, SS,N,WC

I would just like to get your opinions on who you guys would recommend. As we are only starting out in this product, good training and support is our primary concern along with good stock level.

Thanks for any feedback.

I am not from the UK so i cannot help you :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

Likewise.. You could always try and call a couple different ones and speak with a salesperson, and see how they act.. Sometimes it's just a matter of what type of Rep you can get can make/break your experience with a company.

You can set up accounts with more than one if you like, then you can choose your favourite, everyone has their own idea what they want from a company :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

btw - I wasn't inferring that bigger is better, just stating....

they also tend to have stock on hand when you need it though

The Big N

Support - Up until 2 years ago it was the place to go. As it is now just don't bother, you'll get a ticket and a call back but not much more.

Acc management - Nil, they're clueless regardless of who you get.

Positives - The front page of the catalogue ;)

SS (MTV)

Support - You might have to wait to get through but they've got some very good people there.

Acc Management - Top notch

We use SS and can honestly say they are very good, our account manager (MG) is pretty much always available if we need him and the tech support guys (especially Paul) are very very good.

SS are pretty good, I don't like the fact they will not give us an ADI login though, and they are not quick enough with licences sometimes, that's my only gripe so far :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

We get CC'd in on the email from our account manager there asking the girls who do the licencing to get them to us ASAP, they often do nothing for a day until we remind our account manager, I can get them myself in under a minute using ADI :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Keep asking for it every minute until they get really annoyed.
Keep emailing and calling that you are on site and you have more to do on that day.

Also an option is to order the license a day before you need it.

So because someone makes a mess of it the distri is too slow :)

It would be nice if SS would give us ADI access. I've asked before, but they say it is to protect the BP's from making a mistake and ordering the wrong licenses.

And just incase they are reading this, Support down there is good and MG does get the beers in so we like him!!!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

And just incase they are reading this..."

We certainly are so don't say anything nasty!

So because someone makes a mess of it the distri is too slow" ......no, but when we ask for ADI login via them we get the reason Jamie quoted and "we will get them the same day, within an hour most times" but it tends to be the day after which isn't as helpfull though. I like SS but have yet to recieve a licence within an hour, next day seems to be the norm :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

you need to be nicer to them Andy. Or just order licenses when the deal is done, you do prebuild don't you? :)

although i appreciate that doesn't make any different for systems that have already been installed.

Any guesses as to latitude12s true identity?

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Yes we prebuild, I have never spoke to/mailed them directly, the salesmen order kit and licences I just get cc'd in on the emails. I don't know any of their techies as I have not yet pestered them with any issues :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"And just incase they are reading this..."We certainly are so don't say anything nasty!

Well stop reading then and get my BM32's working!!!!! ha ha

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back