Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCx 50 Call Pick Up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
Folks, I have UCx 50e with one call pick up group with four extensions. At times, someone in the group will try an pick up a call in their group, they get a "reorder tome" (or 120 IPM.)
The other phones may or may not be idle. the other phones may or may not be ringing.
Suggestions please?

You'd have to take a look at the logs to see what is going on. The full log should contain info about the reason why the call pickup failed.

Hey UCXguy, thanks for the tip and i looked at the logs before i posted.
Unless you have other suggestions, i think i'll just restore an earlier database (before the issues started) and see if it shows up there as well. it may just be a bump that i unknowingly put in as i was making covid greeting changes for the customer. thank you kind sir.

If you could post log entries for one such failed pickup, I could try to decipher what happened and what could be the reason/solution.

If you decide to restore an older backup, make sure to restore only what is really needed - otherwise you could overwrite stuff like CDR records, recordings, voicemail messages or possibly bring back some deleted voicemail messages etc.

Hey UCx Guy, thanks for the heads up! I was just going to restore a DB from before I started having a problem. In that version,it was stable having only changed user names for the past year. I am confident that there are no problems with that version. However, I'll look at the logs and get back to you!!
Thanks!

Hey UCx Guy, since the last post we've only had two incidents of this problem. However, I've seen many hits on DAHDI 1-1. I'm having a problem reading these log entries.

UPDATE:
No problems with DAHDI trunks. Had two incidents yesterday. Checked the logs, showsd all group pickup attempts were successful. Crazy.
The last backup i did before this started was 12/17. I always do a full backup of everything so, if i revert back to it I should be ok?

In my opinion restoring a backup won't help. Could you try to locate log entries for the two "incidents" and post them here?

OK, then I'm about to give up......ABOUT to...
Here's what i have:
Ucx 50 with ACD
3 paths
257 (operator) Path 1
251 path 2
244 path 2
229 path 3

all in pickup group 1

No ring groups

Each is assigned in one hunt group 257 to 251 to 244 to 229 back to 257(Nortel user options)

What I'm trying to do:
any of the incoming calls to those three paths need to be answered in the pickup group.

Where am I missing the boat here?

The important thing is to also configure the Call Group for all these extensions. When there is a call alerting at an extension, the call is considered to be in the Call Group of that extension (does not matter how the call reaches the extension). Extensions that include this Call Group number in their Pickup Group configuration can then answer this call using the group pickup feature.

For simplicity, make sure that all extensions that can receive calls have the Call Group value set to 1. Then make sure all extensions that are to be allowed to pick up such calls include 1 the Pickup Group.
Please note that an extension can be allowed to pick up calls from group 1 but does not need to be in that call group and vice versa.

Hey, I'm bsck. All are set for Call group 1 and Pickup group 1 as well.

Q: How about optional destinations? That's where the extension hunt group is set up.

Just in:

Example: Ext 229
In follow me:
Ring Strategy:Ringallv2
Initial Ring Time:0
Ring time max:20
Follow me list: (shows only 229)
Each of the other exts are the same EXCEPT: the ext being viewed has the same follow me ext# as the ext# itself) weird!

Destination if no answer: shows red error; nothing either field.

Beginning to think the problem is in follow me,

Log entry:[2022-02-09 13:13:38] NOTICE[3656] features.c: pickup UCX/257@257-0 attempt by UCX/229@229-0

[2022-02-09 13:12:10] NOTICE[3656] features.c: pickup UCX/257@257-0 attempt by UCX/244@244-0

[2022-02-09 11:13:05] WARNING[3652] chan_dahdi.c: Detected alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm

[2022-02-09 11:13:07] NOTICE[3652] sig_analog.c: Alarm cleared on channel

[2022-02-09 13:22:21] NOTICE[3656] features.c: pickup UCX/257@257-0 attempt by UCX/229@229-0

[2022-02-09 15:08:22] ERROR[8876] res_srg.c: SRG: Unable to load config file ucx_srg.conf
[2022-02-09 15:08:22] VERBOSE[8876] loader.c: -- Reloading module 'res_stun_monitor.so' (STUN Network Monitor)
[2022-02-09 15:08:22] VERBOSE[8876] loader.c: -- Reloading module 'res_xmpp.so' (Asterisk XMPP Interface)
[2022-02-09 15:08:22] VERBOSE[3656] chan_ucx.c: Reloading ucx.conf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back