Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCx 50 Call Pick Up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
Folks, I have UCx 50e with one call pick up group with four extensions. At times, someone in the group will try an pick up a call in their group, they get a "reorder tome" (or 120 IPM.)
The other phones may or may not be idle. the other phones may or may not be ringing.
Suggestions please?

Back tomorrow!
Thanks for looking in!

Have no idea who, why or when Forward Me was set up. The Call Group 1 had it's hunt group set up.
Dunno. Disabled Follow Me for those four ext's. So far so good. Monitoring logs still.
Puzzle: when CP failed, it didn't show any errors. Strange.

Well that didn't work.
Happened again; still nothing in the log; not even an attempt to use claa pick up.
Any help UCXguy?

Can you provide a more detailed call flow?
Are you trying to pickup a call that is ringing in an ACD queue?
FWIK only agents can pickup the call.
If you want anyone to pick up an ACD call, then you will have to set an overflow destination, adjust the queue wait times etc for the queue.
Create a ring group with the desired extensions and set that as the overflow destination.

There are three paths thru the IVR; there are four exts capable of picking up any of the calls coming into those three paths.
They are in the same call and pick up groups. There is no ring group associated with any of this. For some reason there were entries in Follow Me which I disabled.
This is an intermittent problem and seems to only show up during high traffic periods.
When there is a failure, there is no indication of it in the log files. The files only show a completed Call Pickup.

OK you are using only an IVR with three paths (does path equal the ext in the IVR?) and no ring group
"3 paths
257 (operator) Path 1
251 path 2
244 path 2
229 path 3"
How can ext 251 and 244 both be on path 2 without a ring group?
I can not find this - "Each is assigned in one hunt group 257 to 251 to 244 to 229 back to 257(Nortel user options)"
There are no hunt groups - ring groups have a ring strategy that has options for ringing the extensions.
Is call forwarding involved?

No call forward.
Built a ring group; added all of the exts in 600 with 1st available
Enable call pick up in the ring group
In Edit Extensions, each one of the individual exts in the group had an "optional destination" ext of one of the four. ...
ie.: 257 to 251 to 244 to 229
251 to 244 to 229 to 257
244 to 229 to 257 to 251
229 to 257 to 251 to 244
then back to 257 to 251 to 244 to 229

This optional destination string I have not touched.......yet

What are you wanting to accomplish?
Have 1 extension answer most of the calls and allow other extensions to pickup ringing calls
Could you diagram your desired call flow

Inbound call hits a ring group with 4 extensions 257 251 244 & 229
Ring the first non busy extension and have another extension pickup the call

Observations:
1. Call waiting needs to disabled on those 4 extensions
2. Ring strategy firstavailable will only ring 1 extension that is not busy
3. A ringing extension in a ring group will not follow an extensions optional destination
4. Feature Code *8 (Asterisk General Pickup) is used to pickup calls

Just a note to theislandtech and ucx guy. I resolved the problem by reprogramming everything except trunking.
Thanks guys! I really appreciate your pitching in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back