Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCM 11.1 Root Password not working. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuiceDanger

Systems Engineer
Jul 8, 2019
AU
I've upgraded a UCM from 11.0.4 to 11.1 as a clean install, I've not restored any backups. I can not log into root on the command line over SSH like I have in the past. I ssh into the UCM as Administrator and can authenticate fine then elevate up using 'admin' and authenticate fine then I go for the last step with 'root' but the password is rejected. I can change the root password from the Platform View, which now requires the current password to do. So I am typing it correctly as I can change it as much as I want.

I've reset the UCM and all that jazz, any one else got this issue?

Thanks for letting me know, every choice Avaya makes is the worst.

Avaya took remote root access away on purpose. Starting with 10.1
They are returning it in the next release.later this summer

Vmware environment use console access and log in with root and password.

UC module and app server connect monitor and login with root and password.

It works I've done it a dozen times already.

Additional question.

Is there a way to listup current work around or listings like

So I can be more self efficient in troubleshooting things? I have access to other hardware vendors and they list current issues and patch notes in a very clear and easy way. But I've always found the Avaya Support Page to be a hot mess. The knowledge base is good and easy to navigate but say for example I want the 11.1 release notes, the only way I know is via downloads page and that's a lot of navigation and new windows.

Work with a certified Avaya vendor or pay Avaya for maintenance.
Avaya gives nothing away. These notes are only accesses via sso login.

Also root access was removed from one of the 11.0.4 builds, I know there is more than one. I've logged into several 11.0.4 systems as root and only had this issue on 11.1. So the original build on 11.0.4 didnt have this change.

Heres document number

Doc ID #
IP Office: Root Login Fails In 11.1, 11.0 A SOLN347582

" by popular demand, remote root access will be reinstituted starting with 11.0.4.4 and 11.1.1(Summer 2020)"

11.0.4.4 returned access. Avaya advised us not to use it for stand alone systems for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back