Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC Module V1 vs V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenWyker

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
Is there any disadvantage to getting a V1 module that includes the Preferred license? Does the newer V2 (It will be running in 9.1) have any downsides?

V2 is cheaper.

But you have to buy a separate license...

But. If the module breaks down, you only have to buy a new (cheaper) UCM V2 instead of an expensive UCM V1 that icnludes a license you already paid for..

hardware wise, the V2 couldn't be any worse than the V1 could it? ;-)

GB

I wouldn't use either personally, unless I really really had to (we're talking gun to head) :)

Don't use the V1, everyone we've every installed have broken in someway!

Cheap early gen SSD's was the major issue, just like the cheap/crappy SD's that crippled the 500v2 when it first came out :)

I find we have more issues with VMPro machines so we thought an embedded solution might be a better option than a windows machine.

We have very few issues with VM Pro machines, as in never.... unless it's off due to a power cut or something :)

But, the THREE UC modules we have running, are working fine...

That's the issue, some say they work fine, others have installed 50+ and all have had to be removed/replaced etc :)

One of them were having difficulties, but also this one is working fine now..

I find we have more issues with VMPro machines so we thought an embedded solution might be a better option than a windows machine.
USE application server.
It is virtually the same as the UCM but on more reliable hardware.

Saying that I think the UCM issues have finally been eradicated just try to avoid anything before V9.0.6

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

UCM issues finally resolved after being on the market for just over 4 years.
Sounds like I would not want to buy a self driving car from these guys :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Apparently the V1 module acts as a virtual Preferred license even if powered off - though of course it uses up a slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back