Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two coverage paths ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaveyPhones

Technical User
Dec 5, 2003
US
How can I have a phone (the COO's admin in this case)cover to differant points after hours? Like use cov p 1 during regular business hours and cov p 2 after hours... Coverage Path 2?
Richard

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

Set up the Coverage paths by doing a "add coverage path X and XX"

Then go into a do a "chang coverage time" You can specify which coverage paths you want to go to at different times.

Then add them to the station in question. I presume you are on r11 or higher.

Unfortunately no, r7. I playin with it now.
Richard

I suppose this has something to do with the Time Of Day Routing Plan. What a scarey looking form. What does it all mean?

Do you have coverage path 1 and coverage path 2 on the first page of the station? Maybe set up a VDN with the station ext and a vector with time of day routing...

Coverage Path 1 and Coverage Path 2 are on the first page. Don't have vectoring.

This Time Of Day Routing looks like it's used to route outbound calls

Richard

You want the coverage time of day

do a add coverage time and it will give you a routing table for each day of the week. It starts at 00:00 and you go from there..

do you have the add/change coverage time-of-day command?? If so, then follow the steps provided by n00benduser. I have a R9.5 and have this capability.

An easy way to do this is change the existing coverage path. Have SAC on the coverage path set to NO. Create the second path as you need it. On next linkage, put in the second coverage path. During normal hours the first path will work. When SAC is hit it will follow the second path. I have several set up here like that and it works great.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

n00benduser and PBXTekky,
I built Coverage Time of Day Table 1. Did a test, it worked! Yea!

Mikey,
I'll play with the method you promoted. Problem is the Admin will forget to push the SAC as sure as I'm sittin here listening to to Rush Limbaugh.

Richard

lol I suggested new coverage paths as to not change any other users on his current coverage path...I always get calls from people asking why stuff doesn't work and it is more than likely something I changed by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back